Smartflats has reinvented the concept of “Feel at home, away from home”, with a modern twist!
By adapting to our reality, our busy lives and our needs, Smartflats has become Belgium’s leading apartment hotel company! Currently operating around 400 apartments, SMARTFLATS’ goal is to rapidly reach 550 units in operation in the BeLux.
Our young, dynamic team currently comprises 20 talented, motivated and creative people.
The company is growing naturally and would be delighted to welcome a new talent to the team soon.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our hospitality company and oversee our business operations. As the COO, you will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and be responsible for designing and implementing effective strategies, plans and procedures to ensure the growth and success of our company.
You will also oversee the daily operations of our Flats and other facilities, and lead a team of different kind of profiles. You will ensure that our operations are aligned with our vision, mission and values, and that we deliver high-quality services and customer satisfaction. To be successful in this role, you should have a proven track record of leading and managing complex hospitality operations, with excellent business acumen, leadership skills and problem-solving abilities. You should also have a passion for the hospitality industry and a customer-oriented mindset.
- Design, plan and implement business strategies, plans and procedures that support the company’s goals and objectives.
- Establish policies and procedures that promote the company’s culture and vision.
- Oversee the daily operations of the company and the work of the team.
- Lead, motivate and mentor a team of the operation team.
- Analyze and interpret data and metrics to evaluate performance, identify areas of improvement and implement best practices.
- Create reports for the CEO and the board of directors on the company’s operations and progress.
- Take the lead in expansion activities, such as partnerships, new markets and new products related to the operations.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as customers, suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related field.
- Master’s degree or MBA is a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience in senior management roles in the hospitality industry, preferably as a COO or a similar position.
- In-depth knowledge of the hospitality industry trends, best practices and standards.
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and empower others.
- Customer-oriented, results-driven and innovative mindset.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- LEADERSHIP: Our confidence in giving you the lead on your projects.
- SECURITY: Permanent full-time contract.
- LIFESTYLE: A young and dynamic environment in the heart of Brussels.
- CHALLENGE: The opportunity to “make your mark”, to grow and improve continuously.
Become Part of the team! Our work culture is built on strong values promoting agility, respect, team spirit and ownership. Growth and excellence in all areas are important to us, which is why we offer our team members opportunities to unlock their full potential professionally and personally. We have a culture of ” learn it all ” as we consider that in this volatile world, keeping a mindset of continuous learning is the best way to remain competitive and challenge ourselves on an ongoing basis. Smartflats proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Shall you recognize yourself in this job desc, come’on, send your application at email@example.com
Talk to you soon,
The Smartflats Team